January 13th, 2019
1. Who was Stephen and why is he so important to the early church? Where do we read in scripture about him? Hint: Acts 6:3—8:2, Acts 11:19, 22:20.
2. What are some of the characteristics of Stephen? He was a believer with great character qualities, list a few. Do you have some of these same characteristics or do you pray for them daily?
3. What does it mean to be “filled with the Holy Spirit.” Where do you read this in the Bible?
4. How has God used persecution over the years to grow the church or your own personal life? Maybe through trials of health, job loss, a family member or a personal challenge in life?
5. What do you think of when you read Acts 6:15 with: “Stephen’s face was shining as the face of an angel.” Does this remind you of someone else in the Bible that this happens to? Who was it and where do you find the scripture reference?